Hi everyone, with Christmas rapidly approaching, I thought it might be fun to look at some items which would make good Christmas gifts – either for others or for yourself! There are a few suggestions on here that you might think are a little strange but they will be an asset to your stamping.
In no particular order…
Gift Idea #1
Having good blocks makes stamping so much easier. When I first started stamping with unmounted stamps I used random cheap blocks. It wasn’t until I joined Stampin’ Up!® that I treated myself to some quality blocks. I loved them so much I bought two bundles. So while they are a big expense, I do believe they will make your stamping experience better.
Use our high-quality, reusable acrylic blocks for all of your cling rubber stamps and photopolymer clear stamps. Stamp blocks are grooved for easy gripping and clear so you can see right where you’re stamping. Temporarily mount stamps on clear blocks for stamping, then remove for space-saving storage. Save 10% on this clear block bundle that includes all of our block sizes, so you’ll always have the block you need on hand.
* Clear Block A: 1-3/16″ x 1-1/4″ (3 x 3.2 cm)
* Clear Block B: 1-5/8″ x 1-15/16″ (4.1 x 4.9 cm)
* Clear Block C: 2″ x 2-1/4″ (5.1 x 5.7 cm)
* Clear Block D: 2-7/8″ x 2-11/16″ (7.3 x 6.8 cm)
* Clear Block E: 3-7/16″ x 4-7/16″ (8.7 x 11.3 cm)
* Clear Block F: 4-7/8″ x 6″ (12.4 x 15.2 cm)
* Clear Block G: 2-1/2″ x 3/4″ (6.4 x 1.9 cm)
* Clear Block H: 4-7/16″ x 1-5/8″ (11.3 x 4.1 cm)
* Clear Block I: 5-7/8″ x 2-1/4″ (14.9 x 5.7 cm)
All of the blocks are available to purchase individually. If you look at the stamp set you want to stamp with, Stampin’ Up!® always provides block suggestions so you can pick out the best option for that stamp set.
Gift Idea #2
This is another of the stranger gift ideas but I use my Grid Paper ALL the time now. I love the fact that it provides some cushioning when stamping because it is so thick (100 sheets!). I can easily do techniques and don’t have to hunt around for scrap paper. Once it gets messy, I tear the sheet off the block and there is a fresh sheet underneath. I find that it lasts for ages too…depending on what you are doing.
Protect your workspace with this Grid Paper pad. Use as scrap paper and ruler.
* 100 sheets
* 11″ x 17″ (28 x 43 cm).
If you want a different design, size or quantity of sheets, you might consider the following options:
Gift Idea #3
The Stamparatus is a great tool to have in your kit. It really helps when you want to mass-produce cards. I use it a lot when stamping large stamps, or stamping on watercolour paper as it allows me to repeatedly stamp until I get perfect coverage. It’s also a really cool tool to do fun techniques.
A must-have tool for all stampers, the Stamparatus helps you perfectly align stamp images, stamp multiples of the same project quickly and precisely, and get complete ink coverage.
The Stamparatus was created by stampers for stampers, so it has all the features you want.
* Compatible with red rubber cling and photopolymer stamps
* 2 magnets to hold the paper in place
* Rulers on 2 sides for quick measuring
* 2 open sides so you can use larger paper
* Multiple hinges for more placement options
* 2 reversible plates for 4 sides to work with
* 1 foam mat for use with photopolymer stamps
* 1 base with grid
* Magnet storage areas built-in underneath the base
Gift Idea #4
Okay, this is definitely a big-ticket item but once you get right into your cardmaking you are going to use it ALL the time! I’m recommending the standard size Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine because it doesn’t matter the size of the Stampin’ Up!® Embossing Folders or Dies you purchase they will fit in this machine. If your budget doesn’t stretch this far, the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine is definitely a great option at only $104.00 but you will be limited as to which products you can use. The catalogue does have an icon placed on products which are suitable for the smaller machine.
Spend your time crafting, not cutting! The Stampin’ Up!® Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine makes precise cuts and detailed embossed images every time. Use with dies and embossing folders to easily create accents and elements for cards, scrapbook pages, party invitations, classroom projects, and more.
* This machine has a wide 6″ ( 15.2 cm) platform for larger dies and full-size embossing folders. Works with all Stampin’ Up! dies and embossing folders. Includes 1 Base Plate, 1 Die Plate, 2 Cutting Plates, and 1 Specialty Plate.
Gift Idea #6
Kits! What can I say?! I LOVE kits. I’ve been stamping for 30 years and I still love a card kit. They are great for everyone from beginner stampers to the advanced. They help when the mojo goes missing or provide a fun introduction to the beginner. I’m highlighting one card kit below but Stampin’ Up!® offers a range of different kits for different occasions. Just make sure you check whether it is all-inclusive or whether you might need to add a couple of extra items. Click here to see all the kit options.
Create sunny projects for rainy days with the No Matter the Weather All-Inclusive Card Kit. Kit includes soft, watercoloured imagery in bright colours. Make cute DIY cards with gumboots, umbrellas, springtime blooms, and a sweet white bunny. Mix and match friendship and love-themed greetings to customise your projects. Included stamp set also has cloud and texture images that can be used to customise your projects. Follow the step-by-step instructions or customise as your creativity flows. Kits make a great gift for crafters or aspiring crafters.
* No Matter the Weather Photopolymer Stamp Set
* Acrylic stamp block
* Basic Gray Classic Stampin’™ Spot
* Designed projects with step-by-step instructions.
* Pre-cut pieces (No prep work! Get right to crafting)
* 9 cards: 3 each of 3 designs
* Folded card size: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (14 x 10.8 cm)
* 9 printed, coordinating envelopes
* Resin raindrop and dew embellishments
* Baker’s Twine
* Adhesive to complete projects
* Printed designer box for storage or crafting on the go: 9-7/8″ x 6-1/2″ x 2-3/4″ (25.1 x 16.5 x 7 cm)
Product colours: Balmy Blue, Basic Gray, Calypso Coral, Gray Granite, Pear Pizzazz, Petal Pink, Shaded Spruce, So Saffron
Kits by Stampin’ Up! are perfect for new crafters, busy crafters, or crafters on the go. All-inclusive project kits have everything you need in one box! Kits are while supplies last. Order today!
Gift Idea #7
Blending Brushes are the best! They really help you get that super soft background and allow you to softly blend colours together. Of course, you can keep layering up ink to achieve bolder colours as well. They are washable so you don’t need to get one for every colour…but if you are like me, you will end up with a few packs so that you can permanently assign a brush to your most used colours.
Blend ink beautifully using Blending Brushes. Apply extremely light shades of ink or create soft gradient backgrounds with no lines. Or use them with Decorative Masks or stencils, The velvety-soft bristles blend ink perfectly.
* Set of 3
* Gray with white bristles
* 6″ (15.2 cm) long
These are just a few ideas and include some which you may not have considered. I hope I’ve given you a few new thoughts for Christmas this year. All items, and many more, can be purchased in my online store.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you have a great day!