Hi everyone, sympathy cards are definitely my least favourite type of card to make. I know I am not alone there. My best piece of advice is to make a couple to have in your stash when you don’t need them. It’s not always easy to do that, however. Unfortunately, over the past couple of years, I have had to make quite a few. Sadly, I had the need to make another today.
For this card, I thought I would do something a little different. I decided to create a lattice background and then add the flowers to the top. It was actually a really simple process. I started by die cutting a frame from Basic White cardstock. I used the two largest of the Stitched Rectangles and tried to make sure they were evenly spaced. I recommend using Washi Tape or Post It notes to hold them in place as you run them through your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Once I had done this, I trimmed some Basic White cardstock into lengths about 5mm white. Next, I added some Liquid Adhesive to the frame and then placed the strips where I felt they looked okay. You could measure the spaces, of course, but I just eyeballed it. Once the lattice was finished I added some Stampin’ Dimensionals cut to size as I wanted to pop it off my card base.
For the card base, I used Thick Basic White cardstock. I marked off a border and then applied a very light coat of Petal Pink ink using a Blending Brush. I then adhered the lattice to the top. It looks so pretty!
For the floral image, I, once again, turned to the Blessings of Home stamp set. I coloured the image with Stampin’ Blends and added some Wink of Stella to the top. If you think the image looks a little ‘dirty’ in places this is because I squeezed the Wink of Stella too hard and lots of the glitter came out. Oops!
I felt like the card needed something more! I die-cut some of the leaves dies from both Vellum and Basic White cardstock using the Flowers of Home die set. I positioned them popping out from behind the main floral image.
Here’s the card…
Here’s the inside of the card…
I don’t normally share the inside of my cards but I thought the inside of this one was so pretty and could easily be adapted to be a card front. I used the same supplies as for the card front except that the sentiment comes from the Peaceful Moments stamp set.
I am actually really happy with how this card turned out. I think you could easily amend it to become a Congratulations card for a wedding, a birthday card, a Mother’s Day card – it has so much potential. I hope you’ll give it a go!
All of the supplies used to create my card can be found in my online store here.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you have a great day!
Listed below are the supplies used to create the above project. If the stamp set, die set, etc, also comes as a part of a bundle or suite, I link to all so that you have choices. I also link refills and basic supplies like adhesives which correspond with items used to make my projects. These links take you to my online store.